Have you ever wondered what mindfulness actually is? Let me show you through food!
Close your eyes and imagine the sensuality of Moroccan flavours, colours, textures and scents…Take a deep breath…
Combining a hands-on cooking class with Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Techniques, inspired by Jon Kabat-Zinn, this 4 hour escape is a unique form of meditation in action and the perfect antidote to daily busyness. It will make you deeply aware of your senses and fully present in the here and now so you can experience both relaxation and alertness in any situation of your life.
In 4 amazing hours you will:
- Reconnect with your tastebuds by being more present to what you eat
- Experience how food can give you so much more than just nutrition
- Create an awareness about how preparing and eating food can impact our mood
- Discover how to turn cooking into a meditation practice
- Explore breathing techniques and strategies that you can use to improve your everyday life!
- Learn how to use a Moroccan tagine, make traditional Moroccan mint tea and cook a Moroccan feast that will delight your senses
- And of course, have a great mindful Moroccan lunch with like-minded people, learning new rituals to have more fun around the table!
After this course it will be hard for you to remember that cooking used to be a chore!
Date: 28th of October 2017 from 10:45am to 2:45pm
Location: Hosted in the newly renovated Juanita Nielsen Centre in Woolloomooloo
Investment: $180 for early birds.
Call Lina on 0466 322 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I look forward to cook and eat with you soon!
DATE AND TIME
Sat. 28 October 2017
10:45 am – 2:45 pm
Add to Calendar
Juanita Nielsen Community Centre
31 Nicholson Street
Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011